Thursday, October 14, 2010

Concept Statement

The concept of my thesis is to design a back brace that is comfortable, wearable, fashionable, and functional. The main problem I find with users of back braces is that it tends to be difficult to put it on and take it off. The effort it takes to pull the straps from behind you, has the consumer twisting and turning their back, which ends up injuring them even more. I want to change that but coming up with different ideas of how strap the back brace together. The brace that is provided is very bulky and thick, causing it to be extremely uncomfortable. I am on the hunt for researching material that is both moldable and flexible yet sturdy. The braces are created for medical purposes only, and I am trying to expand that by making it fashionable as well. Users also complain about the style and how its difficult to put clothes over it, or it looks horrible with it over clothes. This is wear material comes in, and depending on what I find, I could develop something that was easier to form with other articles of clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment